A while ago I got a post from someone regarding a “Leibster Award.” I was very new to blogging at this point so figured it wasn’t real. I looked it up and from what my inductive reasoning concluded, it sounds like a “chain letter” type thing but I couldn’t find the origin. I’m not one who is big on the “forward this to x amount of people” thing, so I ignored it. Then I got another post today from Julie and thought more about it. I decided I would leave out the forwarding aspect and if people want to know a bit more about me then I am more than happy to share. So here are some tidbits. Careful – you’ll see how my thinking works – which is usually all over the place… I can’t give one simple answer.
The best place you have ever visited: Well, I have not traveled much but would absolutely love to some day. I have been to various states but they’re mostly just like any other state you see. I think I would have to break it down to:
- Disneyland, because well, I love Disney.
- The sandy beaches of the gulf. I love sunshine.
- Vancouver, BC. This was about the company, not necessarily the location.
Why do you blog: Uhm, last fall/winter I felt I needed something to do when the weather turned. So it sounded like fun. It was also a way to write non-work related things… since I write ALL day long.
Margarita or Pina Colada: Neither. Please pass the Erath Pinot Gris. Though I don’t like wine that often either, so really just a nice glass of ice water will do.
The best meal you have ever eaten: I love this restaurant called “South Park.” It’s a fish house in Portland, OR. Update 9.10.13 – I talked to my dad last night and he kindly reminded me that the best meal I’ve had would be anything he makes – his speciality being my favorite breakfasts. So yes, the best meal I’ve had would be my my dad’s pancakes (in any shape I request), waffles, and biscuits and gravy. It’s probably a good thing I don’t live at home because I’d eat those every day.
Three people you would like to invite to a dinner party and why: Well, simple answers are not who I am, so let’s break this down.
- Athletes: Roger Federer, Juan Martin Del Potro, Andy Roddick. I love tennis and these are my favorite people.
- Famous people: Adam Levine, Chris Pine, Jude Law. I don’t think an explanation is needed. Can I have more dinner guests? I could go on.
- Past loved ones: My grandparents – so they could see me now; they passed when I was fairly young.
- Childhood: Nick Carter, Justin Timberlake, and Joey McIntyer. Ah, the sound of my youth is so wonderful.
- For another dinner party it would be someone I am very fond of. We’ll just count my cat as the second guest and my childhood teddy bear as the third. This way we get to have dinner alone. 🙂
If money was no object, what would you do all day: Anything involving swimming, the tropic islands and/or yachting on the Mediterranean… or skiing the mountains of Europe. Wait! I bet I could yacht the Mediterranean and then hop a private plane to the Austrian Alps and do some night skiing somewhere. Yep, that sounds like a stellar day. One more – I would love to go to Switzerland and have some authentic swiss chocolate… then I’ll take a few packages for my yacht.
Your favorite all time movie: The Holiday. That question was easy. See above about having dinner with Jude Law.
If you could travel back in time, when you would you go back to: Why look back? The present is here and you can make it something great.
Are you a morning or night person: Morning. I can be a night person if I am enticed, but it has to be good.