I’ve been quite absent from blogging world this week. I’ll just say: it’s been quite a week.
For a start, we’ll go with today: I wake up at 5am to get to the gym to go swimming followed by a long run on the treadmill. Get all my swimming gear on, get ready to head to the pool… forgot my goggles. So I do 100meter kickboard to warm up the legs and then hop in the hot tub to get some good stretches in. I’m now getting my running gear on and I can’t figure out why my socks don’t fit right. Well, I had them on the wrong feet (these socks make a difference for sides), but it took me a few minutes to try and figure out what was wrong. Then I get on the treadmill and start running but my legs feel like lead! We’re talking there’s no chance I’m moving faster than a walking pace. So I walk it out for 15 minutes then figure I’ll give the elliptical a try (thinking weights at this point is a no go). Nope, made it 15 minutes before I felt like I couldn’t move anymore. Clearly time to go home. At least I tried.
As far as the rest of my week, oi! Here’s how it went:
- Two more days of teaching class which immediately followed my last weekend class. LONG days!
- Kid drama central at work! I feel like I’m on the road to some good plans, but it was not an easy week.
- Working late (all week), getting home, having requests to come back to talk to some kids, going back to work. Ok, I do this because I like my kids. But it doesn’t help with being tired.
- Wednesday someone hits my car in the gym parking lot. They left a note and they’re really nice and all is being taken care of. So at the end of the day not really a big deal, but still.
- Friday, leave early. Only to be followed by a million other things to do.
- And on top of it all I have been having horrible allergies. My eyes start running like a river without any notice, regardless of being in a meeting or in the middle of a conversation… or even in the middle of a workout. Dear people at the gym, no I’m not crying while I workout. The running eyes have also been accompanied with extreme irritation that makes me want to rub my eyes non-stop. However, I can’t touch them because one little touch sends them into super inflamed mode.
- Oh, and I’ve been eating sugar again. I have a feeling this is one of the bigger culprits of stress and being tired so I’ll go back to the way it was.
So, today will be browsing stores with a friend, seeing a movie, and doing nothing but relaxing. Tomorrow will start a fresh week of working out and trying to think of some tasty recipes for the squash I found at the farmer’s market yesterday. 🙂